Now that the weather is warm enough to enjoy water activities, paddle boarders will take to the waterways to enjoy this fast-growing sport. Steady growth in paddling makes it an attractive small business to operate. Nearly 40% of participants seek training from an experienced paddler, and most rent their equipment.
If you provide paddle board lessons or rent paddle boards, don’t overlook your insurance. Certified and non-certified stand up paddle instructors and stand up paddle yoga and Pilates instructors qualify for our liability insurance program. This program provides protection against claims of bodily injury liability, property damage liability, personal and advertising injury liability, and the litigation costs to defend against such claims.
Coverage is provided up to $1,000,000 per occurrence. There is no deductible amount. Offered through the Sports and Recreation Providers Association Purchasing Group, coverage includes suits arising out of:
- Injury or death of spectators
- Injury or death of participants
- Injury or death of volunteers
- Property damage liability
- Incidental medical malpractice
- All activities necessary to conduct training
- Ownership use or maintenance of fields or practice areas
- General negligence claims
- Cost of investigation and defense of claims, even if groundless
- Corporal punishment
In addition to the liability coverage, there are several optional coverages to consider.
- Equipment Coverage – This Inland Marine insurance product provides coverage for your equipment and contents up to the specified limit.
- Hired and Non-Owned Automobile Liability Coverage – This liability coverage provides protection for rented, borrowed and other non-owned vehicles driven on personal training business.
- Increased Aggregates – This option increases the aggregate limit of liability insurance from $1,000,000 to larger amounts.
When taking clients out on the water – whether for lessons or to host an event – insurance is a necessity. Because specialty insurance is our business, you can count on our team to understand your exposures and get you the insurance you need.